This Georgian townhouse is on the southwest corner of Soho Square and was built in 1746 as a private residence, though it was not finished and occupied until 1754. Since 1863, it has been home to the charity of St. Barnabas-in-Soho, and a chapel was built at about that time. It was a homeless shelter for women from 1946-2006, and is now becoming a service center for the homeless.
The house has beautiful Roccoco plasterwork commissioned by its first occupant.
For more information, go to http://atthehouse.org.uk/ourhistory/historyhouse.htm.