Saturday, October 6, 2007

Back to school!


It's back to school for me, now! I'm taking a class in Leadership, Management, and Development in the DrPH program at the London School for Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. My classmates are from Trinidad, Singapore, Hong Kong, Germany, Malawi, Bangladesh, Uganda, and Zimbabwe, and there's not more than one of us from any one country. It should make for great class discussions! The class is team taught by a variety of instructors, most of whom work in the public or non-profit sectors of health here in London and most have international work experience as well.
Luckily for me, the class meets in one of the Birkbeck College buildings that is about a 3 minute walk from our flat. The challenge has been negotiating the LSHTM bureaucracy. I thought I knew higher ed bureaucracy, but they have it down to a not-so-fine art here. I have my student ID and library privileges, though, I just need to figure out the computer network.

No comments: